Blast Belly Fat with a Secret Ingredient
Doctor Oz brought Cat Cora on his show to teach us about a secret ingredient to blast belly fat… and who else better to reveal a secret ingredient than Iron Chef Cat Cora from the Food Network! Cat Cora is also the author of a cookbook balled Cat Cora’s Classics, which she gave all of her helpers a copy of – nice! So the secret belly fat buster ingredient was Pumpkin Seeds or Pepitas.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium, iron and healthy fats called monounsaturated fats. In addition, pumpkin seeds add a great texture to red snapper and softer foods. One great tip that Cat Cora gave for cooking red snapper is that you should first score the skin with a knife, making a little slit in the skin. This helps the red snapper to stay nice and flat in the pan, because otherwise the red snapper skin can curl up (which has totally happened to me before with a variety of different types of fish!). Here is the complete recipe for Dr Oz & Cat Cora’s Red Snapper Recipe.
Cat Cora’s Red Snapper & Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
4 (6 oz.) red snapper fillets
2 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black peppers
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 ½ tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup torn fresh basil
- Toast the pumpkin seeds over low heat until you start to smell a toasty fragrance and they turn light brown. Do not leave them for a minute though, because seeds and nuts can go from lightly toasted to completely burned very quickly.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Season your red snapper with salt and pepper.
- Make a few cuts in the red snapper skin, so that it will cook flat rather than curl up while it cooks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet that can go in the oven, and sear the red snapper skin side up.
- Once the fish is seared, flip over the fillets and add the wine, butter and lemon juice.
- Next add the capers, and then the cherry tomatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Let the fish finish cooking in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Baste your red snapper with the juices and plate the fish.
- Add 1/4 cup basil, pumpkin seeds and salt to the pan and cook until the basil has wilted. Spoon this on top and serve hot!